Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Hobbit- Book Review by Ashli (age 11)

The Hobbit was a very fun and exciting book by J.R.R Tolkien. I liked it because Bilbo was justanother hobbit, not a brave warrior who had set out to steal from the great dragon, Smaug.Another thing I liked about the book was that the characters kind of added Bilbo to
theirjourney, not Bilbo adding them to his. I particularly like how Tolkien told the story, and howthe characters presented themselves. The story had the kind of dialogue that you would haveexpected from a normal person, the way they talked and acted was very much imperfect,which to the books benefit, made it even better. This book is one of my favorites, and I wouldrecommend this book to anyone who loves adventure, humor, and suspense, or anyone inbetween the ages of 9 and whatever. It is a must read and you’ll find yourself not being able toput the book down!

4 comments:

Dave said...

I couldn't agree more.

I'm visiting to primarily to shamelessly promote The Nineties Blogfest on the blogs of everybody that took part in the Noughties Blogfest. Sign up and join us on the 15th of October to talk about your favourites from the decade.

Dave
Dave Wrote This

Kal said...

I have never read the Hobbit. Do you think it's better to read it BEFORE the movie comes out or AFTER?

Budd said...

Dave-Promote away

Kal- not if you want to enjoy the movie.

Pat Tillett said...

I loved the book and also loved the movie. When I watch a movie based on a book that I love, I'm able to separate the two. A movie simply CAN'T develop characters and background like a book can.