Tuesday, September 25, 2012

John Carter-Spoiler Free Movie Review




John Carter of Mars was disappointing.  It was...too Disney.  I understand that some changes would be needed in order to make the movie work, but the end result of the movie is almost unrecognizable from the book it was based on.  Some of the changes I liked and some of them I didn't quite care for.  I thought the Red Martians should be more read or at least more different than humans on Earth.  The Tarks and Woolah were entirely too cute to be considered threatening. 

Ashli, who has not yet read Princess of Mars, thought the movie was great.  Maybe I will get her to do an unbiased review.  As I feel that reading the book less than a year before watching the movie, may have ruined things for me. 

If you can't tell from the above picture I am in love with Lynn Collins.  This may be compounded by the fact that I was already in love with Deja Thoris. 

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I had read Princess of Mars (many years ago) and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. One of my favorites this year. Wish I could write something as epic as that story.

Budd said...

I think I enjoyed it, but was still disappointed by the deviations away from the original story.

The Angry Lurker said...

Having never read the book I enjoyed it in a sort of popcorn movie experience, watchable but forgettable as well.

Pat Tillett said...

Liked the book and also liked the movie. Like I said in your next post, I'm able to separate the two. More people should try to do the same!

DEZMOND said...

we adore Lynn Collins, wish she would get the lead role in NBC project on Cleopatra :)