Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What Did I Miss?

About a year ago a friend of mine that loved Buffy, let me borrow season 1 after finding out that I had never watched the show.  Yeah, I, the geek, had never seen Buffy.  It was obviously love at first sight.  I watched the entire series in less than 6 months.  This made me wonder what other shows that I missed that I should reconsider in the age of Hulu.
Babylon 5 was the next show I have started on.  Seasons 1 and 2 are on Hulu and my friends had all raved about how good the show was.  It was harder to get into because the entire show seems to be one huge story arc.  I haven’t finished the show yet.  I am only midway through the third season.  The show is truly good and I am glad that I am watching it now as I think I am at a better place to understand and appreciate this show. 
If you missed B5 the first time around, check out the first two seasons on Hulu.  Power through the bad CG and the first couple of episodes.  They are developing characters and creating an intricate plot.  I don’t say this lightly, but what I have seen, blows Buffy away.  Seriously, check it out.

No comments: