Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pandorum (2009)

PandorumI actually liked this movie quite a bit. It reminded me a lot of Alien/Aliens.

The plot of this movie was pretty good, it unraveled slowly with a few twists. It took a race against the clock movie and wed it with zombie/reavers/morlocks and space sci-fi. It wasn't perfect but it was enjoyable. It was fun learning the mysteries as the movie went along.


Acting was solid across the board. Standard action fare. Dennis Quaid is always good and this movie is no different.

My major problem was the sound. It alternated between wisper low talking and loud snarling. If I turned it down so that I didn't disturb the people in the next town over, I couldn't hear the dialogue. If I turned it up to hear the dialogue, I was in danger of shacking my home off of the foundation. I eventually had to turn on the subtitles and turn my tv down to 7 and my wife was still complaining about the noise.

Lots of violence and cussing, so keep the little ones away. Like I said, it reminded me a lot of Alien/Aliens and that is a good thing. The mutants were a little too close to reavers, though. If you like zombie movies or the first two Aliens flicks, you will likely have fun with this movie.

No comments: