Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Resident Evil 4 Wii

Resident Evil series western logoImage via Wikipedia
I finally played through Resident Evil 4 on the Wii.  I have to say that this is a great game.  I have liked all of the movies for what they were, but this is the first Resident Evil game that I have played.  I think I may have played RE2 once way back in the day but I wasn't hooked immediately.  I knew people who were though. 

I picked this game up used for fairly cheap as I was looking to buy a game that was for me on the Wii and not for the kids.  I like zombies and thought that a game where you shoot them would be a blast.  To my disappointment there are no zombies to be found in this game but I pretended those infected with Las Plagas were zombies and for all intensive purposes they are. 

The game immediately struck me with how scarry it is.  The music is creapy.  The maps are set up so that you don't always see the bad guys before they are on top of you.  You get just enough ammo in this game to get you through.  I learned to conserve by attacking single enemies with my knife.  I liked to turn the lights out while I played to make it extra creepy. 

The controls are what make this game.  The wii mote is an awesome controller for this.  It takes a little time to get used to them but once you do they are a lot of fun. 

The game takes about 20hrs on your first play through, but after you play through it, you unlock weapons and minigames that increase replayability.  This game is highly recommended and a lot of fun.  You can pick it up cheap too. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: