Monday, February 28, 2011

Suburban Commando-1991

Suburban CommandoImage via Wikipedia
I watched this with the girls last night. 

Suburban Commando is a movie starring Hulk Hogan.  Hogan plays a character on the run from intergalactic bounty hunters.  His space ship lands on Earth and it is going to take a month for it to recharge so he can leave. 

According to IMDB, this move was originally pitched as a follow up for Danny Devito and Arnold S.  after the success of twins.  I wonder what that version of the movie would have been like.  It didn't pan out and the rights went to another company looking to profit off of Hulk Hogan's popularity coming off of No Holds Barred. 

This movie didn't really have a budget.  It was a kids movie and I am not talking teenagers, I am talking 6-12.  There is some humor thrown in for adults, but it is entirely a kids film.  That being said, my kids thought it was funny.  They are vaguely aware of who Hogan is, but got excited when they noticed the Undertaker.  My oldest said that Triple H should have done this movie.  I don't think she realized how old it was.

I have kids, so I watch a lot of kids crap.  This was mildly entertaining in a three ninjas type way.  If you don't have kids, I would give this one a pass. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

DEZMOND said...

believe it or not, I actually remember this film :) Hulkster was fun back in his era :)

M Pax said...

Thanks for the heads up on this one. :)

Pat Tillett said...

Whenever I see or hear Hulk Hogan's name, all I can think about is that he was an eylash away from being the spokesperson for "the Hulk Hogan Grill." He turned it down and instead, George Foreman took the gig and all the mega bucks that came with it.

Budd said...

Dez- he used to be the man, I even liked him on the new American Gladiators.

Mpax-My pleasure

Pat- I did not know that. Hulkamania could still be running wild.