Monday, October 24, 2011

Your Highness (2011)


You know, I thought Your Highness would be funny, and would be a rather stupid fantasy movie.  Turned out it was only a little funny, but managed to be a pretty decent fantasy movie.  Who knew.  Zooey wasn’t even that annoying and you get to see Natalie Portman in a metal bikini. 
The Humor is rather vulgar though.  I might have thought it funnier about 15-20 years ago, but a lot of it just made me feel uncomfortable.  I would say that the funniest part was the hanging at the very beginning. 
It isn’t a movie for kids and most women (any woman reading this blog are obviously excluded as they may tolerate it more, but be warned) aren’t really going to care for the crude humor. 

3 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I had no desire to see it. But now maybe I will. Thanks!

MRanthrope said...

yeah, I was let down by this. Had high hopes....barely made me chuckle.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Crude humor is why I avoided it.