Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Hobbit Day

Today is 09/22, that makes it Hobbit Day.  Both Frodo and Bilbo were born on this day, several years apart, a very long time ago (they are real to me!).  Hobbit Day takes place during Tolkien Week.  The Hobbit or There and Back Again was published on 09/21 (my birthday!, told you it was real to me and I consequently fantasized that my parents got my birthday wrong or that Tolkien miscalculated Bilbo and Frodo's).  This is the 75th anniversary of the Hobbit's publication. 

Happy Birthday The Hobbit!  Happy Birthday Bilbo and Frodo Baggins (what is a bagginsis?)!
 

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday to everyone, you included, Budd!

Pat Tillett said...

Well, I had no idea about this. Yesterday was my birthday also.
Happy Birthday to you Budd!

Budd said...

Thanks for the Birthday wishes and happy birthday, Pat!