Friday, November 16, 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, this is her first book. Didn't realize this while reading, which is excellent. This is a great creepy book. My 11 year old picked it up at the Library and recommended it to me when she had finished. We are both fans of the show supernatural and it really feels a lot like that show. I think Ms. Blake is also as the main character has a run in early on with a man named Mr. Dean who has an old muscle car that is his baby.

While I saw some things coming there was some clever misdirection in the story. I would say that I didn't believe Cass's voice 100%. I thought he was a girl in the first chapter and he doesn't really think like a teenage boy. Given he is a strange kid, teenage boys will always be somewhat like teenage boys. He is more realistic after his encounter with Anna. That said, guys generally do a worse job writing girls.

If you and your kids like spooky/ultra violent books like Me and mine do, this is an awesome book to read together or share with each other. Blake spins a pretty original yarn here in the ghost story genre. I look forward to her other works.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Tammy Theriault said...

thanks for the book rec!!